The AMP2-D8-MDA monitor is the world's first 1RU in-rack audio monitor capable of outputting or displaying encoded, multi-channel (up to 8 channels) of audio from Dolby D streams decoded from AES and 3G/HD/SD-SDI multi-channel. The ability to switch seamlessly between encoded or discrete PCM sources, in addition to providing full, simultaneous demuxed output of the multi-channel source offers a significant new operational capability.
These units are ideal for use in VTR bays, mobile production vehicles, teleconferencing installations, multimedia systems, satellite links, cable TV facilities, and on-air radio studios. Extended HF response reveals potential problems with audio whine or hiss, and electronic rather than acoustic cancellation of bass frequencies provides positive audible detection of reversed polarity audio feeds. The sleek design provides optimally focused sound for operators in an ultra near field environment (1 to 3 feet) with performance comparable to that of many separate monitor pairs without installation hassles and awkward speaker placements. This enables a higher SPL for the operator while reducing overall ambient sound and adjacent bay crosstalk.
- Power 104dB SPL at 2 feet (0.6m)
- Supports decoding and playback of Dolby bitstreams
- Backlit LED screen displays phase, signal type, Dolby program, and more
- Eight 26-segment tri-color LED bar graphs display simultaneous VU and PPM
- 4 presets let you change the entire system configuration with the press of a single button
- Sum any combination of up to 8 channels to the left and/or right speakers and selected analog outputs
- Premium quality drivers and power amplifiers deliver excellent frequency response and low distortion